These Chick-Fil-A Sauce Breadsticks are so delicious! They are super easy to make and are a great addition to any meal.
Before we get to the recipe, I wanted to talk a little bit about these delicious homemade Chick-Fil-A sauce breadsticks and some tips on how to make them.
- These breadsticks work best mixed by hand, we have found that the dough works so much better mixed by hand then with a mixer.
- When making the dough make sure to use warm water for the yeast, if you don’t use warm water the breadsticks will not rise.
- Make sure that the yeast you are using is active yeast. If the yeast is not active yeast, your breadsticks will not rise. You can tell that the yeast is active and still works by adding it to 1/4 cup warm water, 1 teaspoon sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon yeast. If it starts to mesh together and gives off a strong yeasty aroma then it is still good.
- How do you soften yeast? Add the yeast to your warm water and let it sit for about 30 seconds to a minute. The softened yeast will mash together and you won’t be able to see the grains of the yeast.
- After you have cut the breadsticks take a butter knife and cut the end of each row that you made. The pizza cutter won’t be able to get to the very edge so using the knife to cut to the edge will make it a ton easier to get out of the pan once they are done cooking.
Chick-Fil-A Sauce Breadsticks
Start off by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. To start making the dough, grab a bowl and add in warm water and yeast. Let the yeast soften in the warm water for about 30 seconds then add in the sugar, salt, and flour.
When you have added in the sugar, salt, and flour start to mix the dough well. Add flour until it is not sticky, when I make this recipe I like to have a half cup of flour next to me so I can easily add it into the dough. Knead the dough for 3 minutes.
Once the dough has been kneaded cover and let rise for 10 minutes. While the dough is rising, you can start to make the topping for the breadsticks.
To make the topping, add in the butter and melt it. Once the butter is melted add in the parmesan cheese, chick-Fil-A sauce, parsley, garlic, and salt. Mix together well and set aside.
After letting the breadstick dough rise for 10 minutes, press into a sheet pan and add on the topping. I use the spoon that I used to mix the topping together to spread the topping onto the breadsticks.
Once the topping is on using a pizza cutter, cut the breadsticks into the sizes you would like.
When the breadsticks are cut put them in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are golden.
- 1 Tbs. Yeast
- 1 1/2 C. Warm Water
- 2 Tbs. Sugar
- 3 1/2 - 4 C. Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 C. Melted Butter
- 1/4 C. Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 C. Chick-Fil-A Sauce
- 1/4 tsp. Parsley
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Salt
1. Add in the warm water and yeast into a medium-sized bowl. Let sit for 30 seconds - 1 minute. Mix sugar, salt, and 3 1/2 cup flour with the softened yeast. Use hands to mix together. Add in flour until it is not sticky, Knead for 3 minutes.
2. Cover and let rise for 10 minutes.
3. Once the breadstick dough has risen, press dough into a greased sheet pan and put the Chick-Fil-A topping on. Use a pizza cutter to cut into breadsticks.
4. Let sit for about 3 minutes and then bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are golden.
Chick-Fil-A Sauce Topping
1. In a bowl add in the melted butter, parmesan cheese, Chick-Fil-A sauce, parsley, garlic, and salt. Use a spoon to mix it together until it is combined.
2. Once it is combined add to the top of the breadstick dough.
These breadsticks will stay good for up to 7 days when stored in a ziplock bag.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 587Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 238mgCarbohydrates: 114gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 16g